Kernel 4.7: PAGE_GUARDED and _PAGE_NO_CACHE

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Mon Jun 6 02:09:05 AEST 2016

All,

I need an answer because I think Darren's guess is correct. It isn't a
problem in the pci code. I replaced the file head_64.S that Darren
mentioned with the one from the kernel 4.6 and it compiled but
unfortunately it doesn't boot. We know "head_64.S" is one file for the
early boot phase but I think there are some other files.

I am not a fan of reverting the PowerPC commits but there are some other
new things in the new kernel e.g. DRM 2.45.0 which are very interesting
for the Nemo board.

@Julian

What about the issues with the Sam460ex? Have you solved the problem
with the commit powerpc-4.7-1?

Cheers,

Christian