Kernel 4.7: PAGE_GUARDED and _PAGE_NO_CACHE

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Sat Jun 4 17:19:36 AEST 2016

Hi All,

The commit powerpc-4.7-2 [2] was released yesterday.

There is a conflict in my local kernel git directory if I use git pull
because I have reverted the commit powerpc-4.7-1. [1]

The commit powerpc-4.7-2 [2] needs the commit powerpc-4.7-1. [1]

I created a new local kernel git directory for the RC2 with:

git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
linux-git-without-powerpc-commits

After that I reverted the two commits:

powerpc-4.7-2 [2]:

git revert 5306d766f15e72bc79c61d88f77e5a6b1fcc0e68 -m 1

powerpc-4.7-1 [1]:

git revert c04a5880299eab3da8c10547db96ea9cdffd44a6 -m 1

Afterwards I successfully tested our latest Nemo patch 4.7-1 [3] with
the following commands:

cp -R linux-git-without-powerpc-commits linux-4.7

patch -p0 < nemo_4.7-1.patch

I tried to solve the boot issue last week. I modified the code a lot and
I replaced some files. Unfortunately without any success. The RC1
without the commit powerpc-4.7-1 [1] boots and works fantastic. I don't
have any ideas anymore. Please help me to solve the boot problems.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=c04a5880299eab3da8c10547db96ea9cdffd44a6