pasemi: Fix boot failure on 4.7-rc1

Darren Stevens darren at stevens-zone.net
Sat Jul 2 01:29:43 AEST 2016

Hello Olof

On 29/06/2016, Olof Johansson wrote:
> I don't see the panic here on a Chitra, at least not on recent -next.
>
> What config are you building with when you see this?

If you are not seeing this on the Chitra, it means that our Nemo patch
is causing the problem. I don't know where, as we haven't patched the
pas_pci_init function, or any function it directly calls,
although there are patches in pasemi/pci.c to enable support for the
SB600.

The best solution would be for us to add the patch for setup.c I found to
our nemo patch.

Sorry for wasting everyones time.

> Please cc me on PA Semi related patches if you want my attention. I
> still have hardware, in fact I boot every -next release on it through
> automation.

Didn't know that, I will do so in future, just be aware that all of my
patches will be in relation to the X1000 as that is the only PA-Semi machine
I have here.

If you have the time, there is something you can check for us - we've had to
add 'PPC_PASEMI_IOMMU_DMA_FORCE' to our config since 4.4 to get the onboard
gig-e ethernet to work. We need PPC_PASEMI_IOMMU for the SB600, or we are
stuck with a kernel that will only work with 2GRam

Regards
Darren