[v3,11/41] mips: reuse asm-generic/barrier.h

Leonid Yegoshin Leonid.Yegoshin at imgtec.com
Thu Jan 28 11:58:39 AEDT 2016

On 01/27/2016 03:26 AM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Leonid Yegoshin wrote:
>
>>> So you need to build a different kernel for some types of MIPS systems?
>>> Or do you do boot-time rewriting, like a number of other arches do?
>> I don't know. I would like to have responses. Ralf asked Maciej about old
>> systems and that came nowhere. Even rewrite - don't know what to do with that:
>> no lightweight SYNC or no SYNC at all - yes, it is still possible that SYNC on
>> some systems can be too heavy or even harmful, nobody tested that.
>   I don't recall being asked; mind that I might not get to messages I have
> not been cc-ed in a timely manner and I may miss some altogether.  With
> the amount of mailing list traffic that passes by me my scanner may fail
> to trigger.  Sorry if this causes anybody trouble, but such is life.
>
>   Coincidentally, I have just posted some notes on SYNC in a different
> thread, see <http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1601.3/03080.html>.
> There's a reference to an older message of mine there too.  I hope this
> answers your questions.
>
>    Maciej
In http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/10505/the very last mesg
exchange is:

Maciej,

do you have an R4000 / R4600 / R5000 / R7000 / SiByte system at hand to
test this?
   Ralf

Maciej W. Rozycki- June 5, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> do you have an R4000 / R4600 / R5000 / R7000 / SiByte system at hand to
> test this?

  I should be able to check R4400 (that is virtually the same as R4000)
next week or so.  As to SiByte -- not before next month I'm afraid.  I
don't have access to any of the other processors you named.  You may
want to find a better person if you want to accept this change soon.

   Maciej

... and that stops forever...

- Leonid.