[v3,11/41] mips: reuse asm-generic/barrier.h

Leonid Yegoshin Leonid.Yegoshin at imgtec.com
Fri Jan 15 07:12:53 AEDT 2016

On 01/14/2016 04:04 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> Consequently, it's important that the architecture back-ends implement
> these portable primitives (e.g. smp_mb()) in a way that satisfies the
> kernel memory model so that core code doesn't need to worry about the
> underlying architecture for synchronisation purposes.

It seems you don't listen me. I said multiple times - MIPS
implementation of SYNC_RMB/SYNC_WMB/SYNC_MB/SYNC_ACQUIRE/SYNC_RELEASE
instructions matches the description of
smp_rmb/smp_wmb/smp_mb/sync_acquire/sync_release from
Documentation/memory-barriers.txt file.

What else do you want from me - RTL or microArch design for that?

- Leonid.