linux-4.5-rc4/arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-akebono.c:90: possible bad test ?

David Binderman dcb314 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:34:20 AEDT 2016

Hello there Daniel,

> That looks like a good suggestion: maybe make the test 'if (!emac)'
> rather than explicitly comparing with zero.

Righto.

> Are you comfortable sending a patch to that effect?

Sorry, no.

My email provider can't implement the somewhat strict whitespace
rules of kernel patches.

Nothing stopping any keen person implementing that patch, however ;->

I checked the rest of the treeboot-akebono.c source code file with
the static analyser and found nothing wrong. No warnings from
gcc -Wextra, either, so after the patch, it looks ok to me.

Regards

David Binderman