PowerPC agpmode issues

Mike michael.heltne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:27:59 AEDT 2016

Ok, so its quirks to be added then? Something not implemented in KMS that
was in UMS?

Reports are that the same issue exsist on PPC Amiga Ones with a VIA
chipset, and the Pegasos 2 with the Artica s chipset, i posted a mail from
detailiing that.

Sure that might be it, but i get different results trying agpmode=1-2-4, 2
gave a noisy screen before the hard crash. i find it rather impossible to
debug at all as the crash happens so fast no logs seem to be written.. I
think i would need serial...

I'd personally love nothing more then to see support restored and a default
as expected working condition ought be the minimum requirement. I use a
powerbook a1106, 5,6. With a 5,8 on the way. Those are the last two
revision powerbooks in the 15" series. In swrast they become useless,
impossible to use for any productivity. Most people trying to use linux on
ppc for personal use come in macs, with the exception of the Amiga PPC
crowd now running their amcc 440/460ex or e600 based x500/5000, all of
which have of course pci-e more cores and more threads. Yet struggle even
with regressions left and right to keep up with the single core performance
of the G4's. Sure it's pushing 10 years , but it's the only alternative if
one wishes to remain mobile.