Freescale old style SMP

Daniel Walker danielwa at cisco.com
Tue Feb 9 08:57:08 AEDT 2016

In this patch,

http://repository.timesys.com/buildsources/k/kernel/kernel-2.6.32/2.6.32-fsl-p1022ds-201003260230.patch

The SMP code is different from what's upstream. It looks like Freescale
may have changed the way SMP info is passed from the bootloader to the
kernel.

Unfortunately, Cisco release a product with a bootloader which conforms
to what's in the patch above. Newer kernels don't initialize smp using
our bootloader.

I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something here, and the smp
initialization is actually the same, or if there's some fall back which
is compatible? If not, then what's the best way to integrate this old
method into what's already upstream?

Thanks,

Daniel