[PATCH] powerpc: Update obsolete comment in setup_32.c about early_init()
benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 10 17:32:38 AEST 2016
We don't identify the machine type anymore...
Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c
index c3e861d..f10a975 100644
@@ -93,10 +93,8 @@ notrace unsigned long __init early_init(unsigned long dt_ptr)
* and we are running with enough of the MMU enabled to have our
* proper kernel virtual addresses
- * Find out what kind of machine we're on and save any data we need
- * from the early boot process (devtree is copied on pmac by prom_init()).
- * This is called very early on the boot process, after a minimal
- * MMU environment has been set up but before MMU_init is called.
+ * We do the initial parsing of the flat device-tree and prepares
+ * for the MMU to be fully initialized.
extern unsigned int memset_nocache_branch; /* Insn to be replaced by NOP */
More information about the Linuxppc-dev