[pasemi] Internal CompactFlash (CF) card device not recognised after the powerpc-4.8-1 merge

Nicholas Piggin npiggin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 01:24:54 AEST 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 16:38:17 +0200
Christian Zigotzky <chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Christian,

Firstly, thanks for the report. As a suggestion, it can be
better to reduce the CC list unless you have found a specific
commit that causes the problem. powerpc developers read this
list so you can send initial bug reports there.

Have you been able to bisect the exact commit which caused the
regression? If it's possible, that is the fastest way to get a
response to your report.

As for your driver support, it would indeed be a good idea to
get it supported in the upstream kernel. You should post a
new mail about that. Take a look at these 3 commits:

61f7162117d4767875825abf2f6ed1eeebbcceed
9cd55be4d22376893d2818ce3c0e5706a3d74121
ca99140a63b7326ee9a38f64c326317f2c63b594

Your patch comes from code based on the second one. The last
commit removed it, and says that it is not the best way to
implement it. You could cc this list and some of the people
involved with those commits and ask ask for advice about
getting your driver supported.

Thanks,
Nick