DMARC (and DKIM) problems

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Aug 4 13:52:25 AEST 2016

Hi all,

For some time we have been coping with DMARC by rewriting the sender address
for any email sent from a site with a restrictive DMARC policy.  This was
because the DKIM verification would fail for such an email once it had been
processed by the mailing list software and so sites (like Yahoo) who
implemented DMARC would bounce such emails.

It turns out that by just not adding the footer to each email, we no
longer break the DKIM signatures.  So, I have turned off the footer and
will leave it that way unless someone objects.

This means that I have also turned off sender address rewriting.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell