crash in ppc4xx-rng on canyonland

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Mon Apr 18 19:59:39 AEST 2016

Christian Lamparter <chunkeey at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I tried to move ppc4xx-rng into crypto4xx (see attachment - patch #1).
> The driver works as is. But I can't come up with a way to attach the
> crypto4xx driver to the ppc4xx-rng OF node cleanly. Basically,
> I'm looking for a way to have one driver (with one context) be
> in charge of two different OF nodes (ppc4xx-rng and ppc4xx-crypto).
> Is there any solution to this? Because otherwise, I would add a

Is it possible to have an RNG unit without the crypto unit? If not
then your first patch should be OK, provided that you add some error
handling when the RNG probe fails.  For example, if the RNG probe
fails we should probably not call remove on it later.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>