ams: Lots of kworker activity after wake from hibernate on Powerbook

Mathieu Malaterre malat at debian.org
Thu Apr 14 16:12:20 AEST 2016

Dear all,

I am hoping someone could help me diagnose the following bug report:

https://bugs.debian.org/798102

[...]
After waking from hibernate, I get lots of kworker activity that makes my
fans kick in.  Top shows a process called kworker/0:3 always active using
around 3% cpu, and Powertop shows a process using 320 ms/s with the Category
Kwork and the Description ams_worker (Powertop also shows about 33% cpu usage).
I assume ams stands for Apple Motion Sensor, and when I unload the module
"ams" everything returns to normal and my fans quiet down.

This is on an aluminum Powerbook (PowerBook5,6).
[...]

Is there any tool to use to check the behavior of the ams kernel module ?

Thanks much