powerpc: Clear user CPU feature bits if TM is disabled at runtime

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Apr 5 19:56:23 AEST 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 19:35 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Shouldn't we be clearing the user feature there too?
>
> The ibm_pa_features array and the logic in scan_features() knows to
> flip the
> cpu_user_features bits, it was just never updated to handle
> cpu_user_features2.
>
> So it seems to me that's where the bug is.

I was about to make the same comment but then realized we are trying to
clear *2* bits. And since that logic will also, I think, set the bits
when the corresponding pa-feature is present, it means we will also set
those 2 bits if we put both in the mask...

Not sure that's quite what we want, but then I'm not sure what the 2
bits are about, which is why I postponed commenting :-)

Cheers,
Ben.