memcpy regression

christophe leroy christophe.leroy at c-s.fr
Sat Sep 5 04:10:15 AEST 2015

Le 04/09/2015 16:35, Michal Sojka a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 04 2015, Christophe LEROY wrote:
>> Le 04/09/2015 15:33, Michal Sojka a écrit :
>>> Dear Christophe,
>>>
>>> my MPC5200-based system stopped booting recently. I bisected the problem
>>> to your commit below. If I revert that commit (on top of
>>> 807249d3ada1ff28a47c4054ca4edd479421b671 = v4.2-6663-g807249d), my
>>> system boots again.
>>>

>> Do you use mainline code only, or do you have home-made code ?
> I use mainline only sources with non-mainline device-tree.
>
>> memcpy() is not supposed to be used on non-cacheable memory.
>> memcpy_toio() is the function to use when copying to non-cacheble area.
>>
>> When I submitted the patch, I looked for erroneous use of memcpy() and
>> memset().
>> I found one wrong use of memset() that I changed to memset_io() but I
>> didn't find any misuse of memcpy().
>> But I may have missed one.
> I attach my .config, if it helps. I have there
>
> CONFIG_PPC_MPC52xx=y
> CONFIG_PPC_MPC5200_SIMPLE=y
>
> so arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx is probably the directory to look. Do you
> see any mempcy misuse there?
I only found one suspect use of memcpy() in arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/
It is in mpc52xx_pm.c but it's linked to CONFIG_PM which is not selected
by your .config
I'll check in the drivers selected by your .config

In parallele, are you able to try with CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG in order
to try and locate the blocking point ?

Christophe

---