devicetree and IRQ7 mapping for T1042(mpic)

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Thu Oct 15 18:11:43 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 19:11 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 19:37 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out how to describe/map external IRQ7 in the
> > devicetree.
> >
> > Basically either IRQ7 to be left alone by Linux(becase u-boot already set
> > it up)
> > or map IRQ7 to sie 0(MPIC_EILR7=0xf0) and prio=0xf(MPIC_EIVPR7=0x4f0000)
> >
> > There is no need for SW handler because IRQ7 will be routed to the DDR
> > controller
> > and case an automatic Self Refresh just before CPU reset.
> >
> > I cannot figure out how to do this. Any ideas?
> >
> > If not possible from devicetree, then can one do it from board code?
>
> The device tree describes the hardware.  Priority is configuration, and thus
> doesn't belong there.  You can call mpic_irq_set_priority() from board code.

Right.

> Likewise, the fact that you want to route irq7 to sie0 is configuration, not
> hardware description.  At most, the device tree should describe is what is
> connected to each sie output.  There's no current Linux support for routing
> an interrupt to sie or anything other than "int".

That explains why I could not find any mpic function for that ..

I found mpic dev. trees property "protected-sources" which might do what I want, just
leave the the irq alone but I cannot figure out what value to write there.
Could you give me any example how to calculate dev. tree irq number for IRQ7?

The mpic.txt mentions "Interrupt Source Configuration Registers" but google did
not turn up anything useful for me.

 Jocke