[V4, 1/4] KVM: PPC: Use READ_ONCE when dereferencing pte_t pointer

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Sat Mar 28 21:33:26 AEDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-26-03 at 13:13:39 UTC, "Aneesh Kumar K.V" wrote:
> pte can get updated from other CPUs as part of multiple activities
> like THP split, huge page collapse, unmap. We need to make sure we
> don't reload the pte value again and again for different checks.
>
> ---
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h |  5 ++++-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/e500_mmu_host.c         | 20 ++++++++++++--------

So this series is partly KVM but mostly powerpc.

I assume you can't split it into two separate series easily?

You haven't sent it to the KVM lists or to Alex AFAICS. You'll need to do that
for the KVM pieces at least. We can probably take it all via powerpc, but I'll
need an ACK from Alex at least.

cheers