[RFC v2] genalloc:add an gen_pool_first_fit_align algo to genalloc

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Jul 30 02:19:21 AEST 2015

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 00:32 -0500, Zhao Qiang-B45475 wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 5:21, Scott Wood wrote:

Yes.

> Previously you said that the format of data is algorithm-specific,
> So I think it is better to handle data in algorithm function.

It is a channel for communication from the API caller to the algorithm.

> If you still prefer gen_pool_alloc_data(), I will modify it.
> But there still are details I want to confirm with you.
> 1. If use gen_pool_alloc_data(), should I pass data as a parameter?

Yes.

> 2. Should I count align_mask in gen_pool_alloc_data(), meanwhile, add
>    a align_mask to data as a member?

gen_pool_alloc_data() should just pass data to the algorithm.  The algorithm
should calculate align_mask based on align.  I don't think exposing
align_mask to API users would be very friendly.

> 3. where to define the data, in genalloc.h or caller layer?

Same place as where the algorithm function is declared.

-Scott