ipmi/powernv: Fix a minor bug

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Wed Jul 8 20:42:01 AEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-07 at 06:27:28 UTC, Neelesh Gupta wrote:
> If the OPAL call to receive the ipmi message fails, then we free up the smi
> message before returning. But, the driver still holds the reference to old
> smi message in the 'cur_msg' which is dangerous if the driver derefernces it
> later and it will further block the subsequent ipmi operations.

This doesn't sound like "a minor bug" ?

What are the actual symptoms of the bug? Does it crash, always, sometimes? Does
it actually "block the subsequent ipmi operations"?

Even if this *is* a minor bug, please give it a proper subject that describes
what it does.

Also which commit introduced the bug?

And finally you don't seem to have CC'ed the ipmi maintainers?

cheers