PowerMac G5 Quad Issue reporting

luigi burdo intermediadc at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:36:58 AEDT 2015

Hello all LinuxPPc Developer,
need to report a issue that im facing from kernel 3.16 and up.

The fans of powermac g5 quad start boosting like a turbo jet after the system is
been loaded and up.
Usually this become after about 30-60 seconds when the system is loaded.
This issue start with Xorg loaded or only in teminal system (gdm3 not loaded)
This issue come with system load with minimum cpu usage  5%  and less too.
During the closing of the system (reboot) the fans goes in right silents mode.

I had been tested and compiled the kernel with all the modules of fan controls for Apple G5
without a positive result.
Kernel tested 3.16.ctk2 (debian wheezy 7.8), 3.18.3 and  3.19.rc5
Im using Debian Wheezy 7.6 (up 7.8) PPC on Quad G5 (970mp) Nvidia 7800gtx and RadeonHD 6570

Dont face this issue with old kernels version 3.10.65 and pre
(didnt test the 3.12 and 3.14)

Need to report to Michel D. from amd.com . The RadeonHD 6570 now is working on PowerMac G5 too
look like the Xorg bigendian  issue related Evergreen / Northern  is been fixed ;-)

Thanks alot for your jobs guys
Hope soon i will able to help in X5000 hardware too
PPC Rulez ... and sorry for my "perfect english"
Luigi Burdo