[RFC 02/11] i2c: add quirk checks to core

Wolfram Sang wsa at the-dreams.de
Mon Jan 12 21:13:49 AEDT 2015

> I am not sure it will perfectly fit at91 quirks.

I think it does.

> The hardware can handle two messages by using the internal address
> feature. The internal address size is from one byte to three bytes. Then
> the length of the first message is limited to three but we don't have
> this constraint for the second one. If we have 'write then read' no problem
> but if we have two write messages, the second one will cause a quirk
> exceeded error.

Yeah, for this reason I seperated I2C_ADAPTER_QUIRK_COMB_WRITE_FIRST
out. The first message is checked against max_comb_write_len which is
set to 3 for your driver. The second is checked agains max_write_len
which is unset in your driver and thus can be of any length.

That should work, no?