[P.A. Semi] Does the ethernet interface work on your Electra, Chitra, Nemo, and Athena board?

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Tue Dec 8 01:12:08 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

I have some good news for you. I was able to fix the issue with the P.A.
Semi Ethernet. It was a problem with the new DMA handling. The patch '
[RFC/PATCH,v2] powerpc/iommu: Support "hybrid" iommu/direct DMA ops for
coherent_mask < dma_mask (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/472535/)'
is the problem.

I had patched the following files before I compiled a kernel.

arch/powerpc/Kconfig
arch/powerpc/include/asm/device.h
arch/powerpc/include/asm/dma-mapping.h
arch/powerpc/include/asm/iommu.h
arch/powerpc/kernel/dma-iommu.c
arch/powerpc/kernel/dma-swiotlb.c
arch/powerpc/kernel/dma.c
arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci-ioda.c
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/iommu.c
arch/powerpc/sysdev/dart_iommu.c
include/asm-generic/dma-mapping-common.h

The P.A. Semi Ethernet works again with the patched kernel.

I am happy. :-)

Please fix the issue in the kernel source code.

Thanks in advance,

Christian