[P.A. Semi] Does the ethernet interface work on your Electra, Chitra, Nemo, and Athena board?

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Wed Dec 2 19:14:32 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 05:59 +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We tested some 4.3 kernels on a P.A. Semi reference board. Ultimately,
> ethernet does not work, though on the reference board, the interface is
> detected, gets link, but will not pass any packets/traffic.
>
> Somewhere in the source code of the commit "'powerpc-4.3-1' of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux (2015-09-03
> 23:41:38 (GMT)" is the problem.
>
> Could you please help us to solve the problem?

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately there is no source code in that commit, it's just a merge. And
your bisect run found that the very first commit in that merge was OK:

> > [390fd5929f52bdfb9dfcc03820041ba556780f4a] cxl: Set up and enable PSL
> > git bisect good

So I'm not convinced your bisect run was correct, sorry.

My pasemi is booting OK, but I haven't had time to test the network. If you
remind me next week I will make sure network is working on my board.

Are you testing your board with your additional patch as well? Or just vanilla
mainline?

cheers