gdb with powerpc

Bob Cochran ppc at mindchasers.com
Wed Aug 12 13:24:32 AEST 2015

On 08/11/2015 12:50 PM, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if anyone tried remote debugging with
> gdb/gdbserver on powerpc.

[snip]
>                                 ^
>
> As an alternative, Is anyone familiar with binary package with
> gdb/gdbserver for powerpc used with x86 host ?

I use the powerpc toolchain built using the Yocto Project recipes, and
this includes gdb and gdbserver (if you include the gdb recipe ).  I can
run gdb remotely and on my target ( both 32-bit and 64-bit targets ).

They also have pre-built toolchains that might include gdb, but I don't
use them.