[v4, 0/9] Freescale DPAA FMan

Liberman Igal Igal.Liberman at freescale.com
Tue Aug 11 05:55:32 AEST 2015

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand your concerns regarding the FMan driver, we've come a long way from where we started but still there are issues.
The community support is critical for getting the code to the desired quality level and I appreciate the support I receive from you and from the other previous reviewers.

In order to reduce the code scattering I plan to put together all the code for a certain IP block in one file.
For example FMan port in his current state in /drivers/net/freescale/fman/:
        flib (directory)
              ---- fsl_fman_port.h
        inc (directory)
              ---- fm_port_ext.h (API for other drivers/modules)
        port (directory)
              ---- fman_port.c (flib)
              ---- fm_port.c
              ---- fm_port.h
              ---- Makefile
        fm_port_drv.c (file)

New proposed structure in /drivers/net/freescale/fman/:
        fman_port_drv.c (includes simplified code from fm_port.c, fman_port.c and fm_port_drv.c)
        fman_port_drv.h (exported structures and API, minimal)

Of-course, I'll do the same for other modules (MAC, FMan itself).

After this structure change we get:
- Subdirectories completely removed
- Layering reduced, each module becomes much flatter, with one source and header file
- Fewer number of files (sources and headers)
- Namespace pollution drastically reduced
- General complexity of the driver reduced.

I would appreciate your comments about the steps described above.

Regards,
Igal