GPMC in device tree

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 06:26:44 AEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-08-04 at 18:29 +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would please like to ask if describing flash nor used with GPMC,
>> whould be done as described in:
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/gpmc-nor.txt
>> It is described in the above link as "TI's GPMC", so I'm not sure if
>> it is relevent for powerpc too.
>
> That binding is for TI GPMC.
>
> Are you saying you have some PPC chip that has a flash controller called GPMC?
>
> -Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks, I've worked with TI's chips, so I now understand that I made
here some confusion...
It is GPCM , not GPMC, my mistake.
We already configured it in u-boot, but on doing read/write from
kernel it doesn not work.
It seems that for the linux to use the correct driver, we need to
define the nor in the device tree.
Is there any example how to define nor GPCM in device tree ? Is it
possible not to override the existing GPCM configuration ?

Thank you!
Ran