Regarding storing and parsing in Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Apr 19 18:53:04 AEST 2015

Dear Kiran,

arghhh... Please do not post the same question in several messages to
many addrresses; if you really feel you need to send it to all, then
please put all on Cc: so all can receive the replies, too.

I answered before:

In message <CAPbBx=45O4UrKLoVjCvg5wEnTab-dGo=-O5SH6OwgD49Cq6w+Q at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> In uboot, i run some IPMI commands and I have to store that value in uboot
> and also extract the interim byte of the output value.

I'm afraid we cannot help you with that.  We know only the mainline
code of U-Boot, and this does not include any kind of IPMI support.
Apparently you are using some vendor version with specific extensions.
Without knowing this code it is impossible for us to help you, sorry.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable  one
persists  in  trying  to  adapt  the  world to himself. Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man."      - George Bernard Shaw