Old regression with MTD devices disappearing from a Kurobox HD/HG

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Wed Apr 8 11:13:00 AEST 2015

Hi, Scott.

On Apr 07 2015, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 21:37 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > I see. If I do some "archaeology" (read: bisect when it stopped
> > working), would that help to discover how the flash is connected?
>
> It will probably give you the address and size of the flash, which is
> good enough to get something working.  Does your config (for the old
> kernel) have anything with PHYSMAP in it?  I suspect it probably broke
> with commit dcb3e137ce9be1dfc86e306182b23e3ae5e239c4 ("[MTD] physmap:
> make physmap compat explicit").

Here is what my 2.6.27 kernel has in the section regarding physmap:

,----
| #
| # Mapping drivers for chip access
| #
| # CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS is not set
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP=y
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START=0xffc00000
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN=0x400000
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BANKWIDTH=1
| # CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_OF is not set
| # CONFIG_MTD_INTEL_VR_NOR is not set
| # CONFIG_MTD_PLATRAM is not set
`----

Here is what my 4.0-rc6 kernel has:

,----
| #
| # Mapping drivers for chip access
| #
| # CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS is not set
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP=y
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_COMPAT=y
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START=0xffc00000
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN=0x400000
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BANKWIDTH=1
| CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_OF=y
| # CONFIG_MTD_INTEL_VR_NOR is not set
| # CONFIG_MTD_PLATRAM is not set
`----

I may try to revert locally that patch here to see if things improve or not,
but it will take me some time to compile it (I hope not much).

Thanks,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://cynic.cc/blog/ : github.com/rbrito : profiles.google.com/rbrito