Kexec on T104x

Vineeth vneethv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:34:27 EST 2014

Hi,

'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for this query. I dont find
any OTHER mailing list either  which supports query related to DPAA. Please
apologies.

I am working on T1040QDS platform and with kernel 2.6.32. The kernel and
all the peripherals are up and running fine. My issue is on kexec, when the
secondary kernel comes up, it just hangs on the FMAN initialization.
Mainly, the issue is a CRITICAL ERROR (by REPORT_ERROR api) which indicates
that FMAN state is INVALID.

the code  @fman/Peripherals/FM/fm.c

SANITY_CHECK_RETURN_ERROR(!p_Fm->p_FmDriverParam, E_INVALID_STATE);

This is where the kernel hangs.

I've backported SDK1.5's DPAA part to 2.6.32.

My doubt here is, Is there any implicit reset that should be taken care by
the primary kernel before executing the secondary kernel of kexec ? I dont
understand what i am missing here. Any clue would be really helpful.

Please find my log attached.

Thanks
Vineeth