TTM placement & caching issue/questions

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Sep 4 18:07:54 EST 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 16:59 +0900, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Define 'not reliably'. I have uptimes of weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm
> not alone, at least with AGP 1x it seems to work quite well for most
> people. So I don't see the justification for intentionally breaking it
> completely for all of us.

Oh I wasn't arguing for breaking it, just jesting. We need to keep it
working. It's amazing how well broken stuff actually work though :-)

I mean, it's architecturally broken and if we get a collision between
the cache and the NCU, the chip will crash. We just get lucky I suppose.

Anyway, I'll try a different approach tomorrow see how it goes.

Cheers,
Ben.