TTM placement & caching issue/questions

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Sep 4 15:23:05 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 22:36 -0400, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 10:31:18PM -0400, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> > > I'm still getting placements with !CACHED going from bo_memcpy in
> > > ttm_io_prot() though ... I'm looking at filtering the placement
> > > attributes instead.
> > >
> > > Ben.
> >
> > Ok so this one should do the trick.
>
> Ok final version ... famous last word.

Minus a couple of obvious typos that prevent if from building, it seems
to do the trick for me with the AST driver, no more bad mappings.

I'll still send a patch that catches the incorrect mapping attempts
inside ttm_io_prot() and warns to help future debugging and avoid
"random" behaviour. (I need to fix other things in the powerpc code
in there anyway).

Cheers,
Ben.