powerpc: Replace __get_cpu_var uses

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Tue Oct 28 09:04:35 AEDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 08:10 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-10-27 at 10:57 -0500, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > Ping? We are planning to remove support for __get_cpu_var in the
> > 3.19 merge period. I can move the definition for __get_cpu_var into the
> > powerpc per cpu definition instead if we cannot get this merged?
>
> Yes, yes, I know, we should merge that, Michael, can you still throw
> that in ?

For 3.18, nah. We didn't even see it until after the merge window had closed.

I realise they're all fairly simple translations, but it's too big and too easy
for one of them to be wrong.

I'm happy to put it in a topic branch for 3.19, or move the definition or
whatever, your choice Christoph.

cheers