[v4,17/21] powerpc/8xx: set PTE bit 22 off TLBmiss

christophe leroy christophe.leroy at c-s.fr
Wed Nov 19 07:07:15 AEDT 2014

Le 08/11/2014 01:08, Scott Wood a écrit :

> OK, so the _PAGE_KERNEL_RO(X) stuff is because initially setting the PTE
> doesn't go through pte_update().
>
> I'll apply this, though it'd be cleaner to just have 8xx versions of the
> relevant PTE accessor functions to maintain the PTE the way the hardware
> wants (this would also eliminate the _PAGE_RW inversion that's still in
> the TLB miss handler).

Yes, I've been looking at a simple way to also eliminate the _PAGE_RW
inversion, but i've not been able to find an easy solution up to now.

It seems that we have two functions that set PTE: set_pte_at() and
pte_update()
I could perform the bit 22 (0x200) stuff and the _PAGE_RW invertion in
both functions, but then there are functions that read the PTE to make
decision based on PAGE_RW for instance. Most (but not all it seems) do
it through pte_val()
But pte_val() is defined in page.h and doesn't seem to be intended to be
family specific. Should I change this ? if so, what is it cleanest way
to do so ?
Should I also change __pgprot() and __pte() to do the bit 22 and PAGE_RW
inversion stuffs ? But not all functions use those accessors.

So for the time being I don't see the best way to progress on this. Any
suggestion ?

Christophe

---