Tasks stuck in futex code (in 3.14-rc6)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Mar 21 16:24:52 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Srikar Dronamraju
<srikar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> I reverted commits 99b60ce6 and b0c29f79. Then applied the patches in
> the above url. The last one had a reject but it was pretty
> straightforward to resolve it. After this, specjbb completes.
>
> So reverting and applying v3 3/4 and 4/4 patches works for me.

Ok, I verified that the above endds up resulting in the same tree as
the minimal patch I sent out, modulo (a) some comments and (b) an
#ifdef CONFIG_SMP in futex_get_mm() that doesn't really matter.

So I committed the minimal patch with your tested-by.

             Linus