答复: [v7] clk: corenet: Adds the clock binding

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Jan 9 05:43:39 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 09:30 +0000, Mark Rutland wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 08:53:56AM +0000, Yuantian Tang wrote:

Yes, but why do we need to specify in this binding how many cells there
will be, especially since this binding only addresses the clock provider
aspect of the clockgen nodes (e.g. it doesn't describe the reg)?  Or
rather, it's partially describing the non-clock aspect, and doesn't
address the clock aspect at all AFAICT.

Where does the actual input clock frequency go?  U-Boot puts it in the
clockgen node itself as clock-frequency, but that isn't described in the
binding.  How does that relate to the sysclk node?  If
"fsl,qoriq-sysclk-1.0" is supposed to indicate that clock-frequency can
be found in the parent node, that isn't specified by the binding, nor is
clock-frequency shown in the example.

What is the difference between "fsl,qoriq-sysclk-1.0" and
"fsl,qoriq-sysclk-2.0"?  How does the concept of a fixed input clock
change?

-Scott