PCIE device errors after linux kernel upgrade

ravich lravich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:24:59 EST 2014

Finally I found the problem causing the sudden system reset :

our setup :

P2020<====>PCI Bridge <=====> FPGA

The reset occurs when we allocating skb and giving the Fpga dma addr of
skb->data of this skb and when the FPGA tries to reach this address we are
having a hardware reset.

To fixed it we used GFP_DMA flag on skb allocations.

If you can explain me few thinks I will be more  then happy :
1) how come we managed to work in 2.6.32 kernel without this flag.
2) Ok gave you a bad dma address why reset the system without  any warning.

Thanks for your time and support

Leonid Ravich