Build regressions/improvements in v3.18-rc7

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Mon Dec 1 22:01:10 AEDT 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<geert at linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> JFYI, when comparing v3.18-rc7[1]  to v3.18-rc6[3], the summaries are:
>   - build errors: +2/-10

Nothing interesting, just a known powerpc-randconfig issue and one more
truncated relocation in powerpc-allyesconfig[*].

> [1] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/8143/ (262 out of 119 configs)
> [3] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/8117/ (120 out of 119 configs)

[*] Just wondering: Recently m68k had to fix a kernel size limitation (cfr.
    commit 486df8bc4627bdfc ("m68k: Increase initial mapping to 8 or 16 MiB
    if possible"), as multi_defconfig was no longer bootable. How long
    before PPC is forced to fix the toolchain due to kernel bloat ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds