can't access PCIe card under sbc8548

wolfking wolfking2000 at msn.com
Thu May 30 19:15:41 EST 2013

hi, tiejun.chen:
  When I use ioremap, the card seems to work fine. That is, I can access
part of all register. My PCIe card is a rs232 expand card, it has some
standard UART register, for example the SCR(scratch register). My driver
can access the SCR(write and read) normally, but the other registers
behave odd. For example, the DLM should be 0, but it reads 5. The card
has a software reset bit, when it is set to 1, the card reset itself. When
it finished reset, this reset bit should be back to 0. But In sbc8548, when
I set this
bit, it remains high. So I guess, the area I accessed is not the PCIe card,
instead it maybe some RAM in the system. :>
I'm sure the card hardware is OK, I insert it into the 8641d board, it works
ok.