SATA FSL and upstreaming

Xie Shaohui-B21989 B21989 at freescale.com
Thu May 16 16:24:06 EST 2013

Hi, Ben,

Since the p5020ds you tested is a rev1 chip, I think the most possibility that SATA not work
is due to a SATA erratum, which is fixed in rev1.1, we have a policy that patches for errata that
are present only on early silicon revisions, typically only rev1 silicon will not send upstream.
You can find the patch at below link:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ppc/sdk/linux.git/commit/?id=b79a8a0528b8a0008cb76f339806b1200b5d8f63

Since it is not sent to upstream, it may need to be rebased if apply it to latest tree.

Also there might be another issue(SATA & USB) if you test 64 bit kernel on p5020ds with DRR > 4G, we have a patch
Sent to upstream, but not accepted yet. Link as below:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179828/

There are online documents of SDK, for the p5020ds hardware please see the link:
http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F2989554.html

Best Regards,
Shaohui Xie