Inbound PCI and Memory Corruption

Peter LaDow petela at gocougs.wsu.edu
Sat Jun 22 03:14:58 EST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Peter LaDow <petela at gocougs.wsu.edu> wrote:
> We are running into a case where we get memory corruption when an
> external PCI master writes to the processor.  We are using an MPC8349
> with an external Intel 82540EP (an E1000) part.  I've spent several
> weeks on the e1000 list trying to track down this problem, and after
> some digging I'm thinking the problem is somewhere other than the
> e1000 driver or the e1000 part.

After a (finally!) successful search of the list archive, I did find this:

http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/9IQA26gPvdf4foaTcmCV

Which seems very related to my problem.  However, the patch that is
ultimately referenced is in place in 3.0.80 (see
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2006-February/021267.html).

Hmmm...  perhaps our FDT is bad?

Thanks,
Pete