SATA FSL and upstreaming

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jun 7 14:39:36 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 13:52 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> So I got the rev2 chip today, put it in, and PCI-E is still not getting
> a link. Since the LEDs of the e1000 aren't coming up at all, I *suspect*
> the slots are getting no power.
>
> Is there a power control somewhere ? Maybe some DIP or jumpers that
> might have gone off ?

Forget it, reset all the jumpers to the default setup (found the doc !)
and they come up now in slot 4 and 7. It also looks like uBoot now
has an e1000 driver so I don't have to use fman (for which I believe
there is still no upstream driver right ?)

BTW. Is that normal during boot ?

Net:   Initializing Fman
Fman1: Uploading microcode version 106.1.7
PHY reset timed out
PHY reset timed out
PHY reset timed out
PHY reset timed out