Inbound PCI and Memory Corruption

Timur Tabi timur at tabi.org
Sat Jul 20 06:13:59 EST 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Peter LaDow <petela at gocougs.wsu.edu> wrote:

> It does seem that for incoming PCI transactions the Freescale DMA
> engine is not used.  And in our device tree we have the DMA engine
> commented out.  That is, the "fsl,mpc8349-dma" and "fsl,elo-dma"
> compatible items are not present in the FDT.

This is the standard on-chip DMA engine used (primarily) as an
off-loaded memcpy.  I've never seen it used for anything related to
PCI.  You can remove the DMA nodes from the device tree and see if
that fixes anything.  If it does, then it might be the DMA offload
from the network layer that's causing the problems.