therm_pm72 units, interface

Aaro Koskinen aaro.koskinen at iki.fi
Sat Jul 20 03:43:00 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:38:05AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-01-17 at 15:38 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> > Meanwhile, I run Linux 3.7.1 and the software side changed somewhat.
> > windfarm_rm31 seems to no longer calm the fans down once loaded,
> > whereas therm_pm72 on Linux 3.0 did so.
>
> Hrm, that would be a bug ... unfortunately I never got to test it
> properly due to my xserve being dead.

I booted a Xserve today with 3.11-rc1, and noticed the noise is coming
from slots-fan (PCI fan?) which is always 99%, although the slots-temp is
just 33. Is it on purpose the rm31 slots PID params are totally different
from therm_pm72 slots params? It seems like they have been copied from
pm72 "drive bay" PID params instead.

A.