visible memory seems wrong in kexec crash dump kernel

Chris Friesen cbf123 at mail.usask.ca
Mon Jul 15 09:08:38 EST 2013

On 07/13/2013 11:26 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>> my
>
> This is a bug in your device-tree. The memory node should have a unit
> address which corresponds to it's reg property. I know people tend to
> skip it for "0" but it's bad practice.
>
> So for memory starting at 0 it should be memory at 0

There are a fair number of dts files in the kernel tree that don't
specify an address for the memory node.

If the kernel accepts it without an address, it seems logical that kexec
should as well.

Or maybe the kernel should just implicitly assume an address of zero and
export it as such in /proc/device-tree?

Chris