therm_pm72 units, interface

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Fri Jan 18 01:38:24 EST 2013

On Wednesday 2012-08-15 23:36, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>BTW... On a somewhat related note ... if you happen to have a spare
>Xserve G5 PSU I'm interested :-)

I tried pulling it out, but the PSU stuck so hard in the ATX-like
mainboard power socket that removing the PSU would have probably meant
ripping apart the MB.

Anyhow, I did a PMU reset (there's a documented button on the MB),
and 'lo, it seems the auto-poweroff that plagued this machine are
gone - but I'll need a longer uptime than 2 hours to find out.

Meanwhile, I run Linux 3.7.1 and the software side changed somewhat.
windfarm_rm31 seems to no longer calm the fans down once loaded,
whereas therm_pm72 on Linux 3.0 did so.