Interrupt handler not executed

R.Patil at mei-india.com R.Patil at mei-india.com
Fri Jan 11 18:36:29 EST 2013

Hello,

We are working on board based on Freescale MPC8313ERDB. We have ported linux 3.0.46 kernel on it. In one of device driver written by us, we need to take some action upon asserting IRQ0 interrupt. For this we have written interrupt handler which takes care of this. We are able register interrupt handler successfully with the help of 'request_irq'. We confirmed this by checking respective entry in '/proc/interrupts'. We have also confirmed assertion of interrupt line (IRQ0) on oscilloscope. The problem is, interrupt handler does not execute upon asserting the interrupt line.

Interesting part is, we have similar requirement in other drivers but for different interrupt lines. The interrupt handler for them executes successfully. What could be the possible reasons for this behaviour (not invoking IRQ0 interrupt handler)? If anybody could give a hint to solve or debug the problem?

Kind Regards,
Rahul PatilEmail Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and  privileged information. Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.The recipient should check this email and any  attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.