MPC8315 reboot failure, lockdep splat possibly related?

Anthony Foiani tkil at scrye.com
Sun Aug 18 03:17:49 EST 2013

Bharat, greetings --

Bhushan Bharat-R65777 <R65777 at freescale.com> writes:

> You should get rid of this by changing spin_lock/unlock() in
> fsl_sata_set_irq_coalescing() to spin_lock_irqsave/restore()

I'll do that -- thanks!

Looks like linux-next still has plain spin_lock, not the irqsave variant.

Is this something that needs to be pushed to mainline and/or stable?

If it should go upstream, is this something that Freescale can do, or
should I try to put together a patch?  (I'd like to avoid having to do
it myself, because I'm carrying out-of-tree patches that I'd have to
port to linux-next before it'd be accepted there, I fear.)

Either way, I'll definitely report if it fixes the splat on my 3.9.7
system.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Anthony Foiani