Failure to detect PCI card

Peter LaDow petela at gocougs.wsu.edu
Tue Aug 13 02:52:17 EST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Do that help with e1000 as well ? IE. A bad clock might have caused
> malfunctions of the DMA for example...

No, it didn't help with the e1000.  In fact, we have separate clocks
for the on-board components.  This particular case was with our
expansion slot having a crappy clock buffer driving the PCI slot.

I'm still digging into the e1000 driver trying to find something.  But
right now we are working on a replacement for the 82540 (which has
been EOL'd anyhow, so it needs to be done, we'd just prefer it be
later rather than sooner).

Thanks,
Pete