Inbound PCI and Memory Corruption

Peter LaDow petela at gocougs.wsu.edu
Sat Aug 3 01:01:57 EST 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Peter LaDow <petela at gocougs.wsu.edu> wrote:
> There are other items, such as drivers for our custom hardware modules
> implemented on the FPGA.  Perhaps I'll pull our drivers and run a
> stock kernel.  Maybe a stock 83xx configuration (such as the
> MPC8349E-MITX).  If we have problems even on a stock configuration...

Well, that didn't work either.  Unfortunately, the PCI slot on our
MPC8349E-MITX eval kit doesn't work.  It doesn't matter what card I
plug into that slot neither uboot, nor the kernel, recognize anything.

But I did have one thought.  Is it possible that somehow the
configured incoming PCI regions are marked as pre-fetchable, and the
e1000 is prefetching the descriptors?  Then at some later point the
kernel changes things with the e1000 unaware?

Thanks,
Pete