visible memory seems wrong in kexec crash dump kernel

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Aug 1 02:50:50 EST 2013

On 07/31/2013 11:40:05 AM, Friesen, Christopher wrote:

> [...]

That's not "board specific" code, and it's not even mainline Linux
code.  Unfortunately none of the datapath stuff is upstream, still.

> While I've got your attention, the other thing that I found was that
> the "dpa" network driver didn't properly work in a kexec'd kernel
> even when given lots of memory.  It would work for a little bit and
> then hang.

I'm not particularly surprised by this.  It doesn't help that there's
no way to do a device reset. :-(

Issues with Freescale SDK code should be reported on
https://community.freescale.com/, to support at freescale.com, or to your
FAE.

-Scott